Visitors, viewers, users, subscribers, members, affiliates, or customers, collectively referred to herein as "Visitors," are parties to this agreement. The website and its owners and/or operators are parties to this agreement, herein referred to as "Company."
USMC Hangout, usmchangout.com, Dear Military Spouse, dearmilitaryspouse.com, and the USMC Hangout/Dear Military Spouse logos are trademarks of Bridget Carlson. Without Bridget's prior permission, you agree not to display or use in any manner the Usmc Hangout/Dear Military Spouse name(s) or logos.
Use of Material
The Company authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the material on the Web Site solely for your personal, noncommercial use. However, you MAY NOT directly link to any of our images, text, files, etc, doing so is stealing our bandwith. If caught (and we do check frequently) the fullest extent of the law (civil and criminal) will be used. You MAY place links to our pages.
"Material" is any text, graphics, photos, music, sounds, video, software, code, information, and articles found at this Web Site. By using this Web Site, you agree that all content is the sole property of the Company and may not be reproduced without prior written permission. All Material is protected under US and International copyright, trademark and other laws. All Material is the property of the Company. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly) of all content on this Web Site is the exclusive property of the Company and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. Unauthorized use of the Material may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. You must retain all copyright, trademark, service-mark and other proprietary notices contained in the original Material on any copy you make of the Material. You may not sell or modify the Material or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the Material in any way for any public or commercial purpose. The use of the Material on any other web site or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited.
Prohibited Site Use
The Web Site may be used only for lawful purposes by individuals seeking information about the Military and interacting with other members via our Forums, Chat Rooms, and Arcade. The Company specifically prohibits any use of the Web Site, and all users agree not to use the Web Site, for any of the following:
1. Transmittal of any content that is obscene, indecent, abusive, vulgar, hateful, offensive, unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, harassing, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or defamatory.
2. Transmittal of any content that infringes on the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others or violates the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others.
3. Transmittal of any content that is encrypted, constitutes junk mail (spamming), chain letters, pyramid schemes, any franchise, "club membership", unsolicited advertising, promotional, distributorship or sales representative agency arrangement or other business opportunity which requires an up front or periodic payment, pays commissions only, requires recruitment of other members, sub-distributors or sub-agents.
4. Impersonation of any person or entity. Misrepresentation of an affiliation with a person or entity.
5. Deleting or revising any material posted by any other person or entity.
6. Attempting to decipher, de-compile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the application software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Web Site.
7. Aggregating, copying or duplicating in any manner any of the materials or information available from the Web Site.
8. Violation of applicable national, state, or local laws or regulations.
9. Framing of or linking to any Material available from the Web Site.
10. Using any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Web Site or any activity being conducted on this site.
11. Disclosing or sharing your password with any third parties or using your password for any unauthorized purpose.
12. Violation of the security rules of the Web Site, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for such user or logging into a server or account which the user is not authorized to access, (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization, and (c) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Web Site, overloading, "flooding", "spamming", "mailbombing" or "crashing". Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. The Company will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
13. Directly linking to any pictures, files, or other material.
The Company does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of communications posted by members at this site nor does the Company endorse any opinions expressed by users. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted by other users will be at your own risk.
The Company acts as a passive conduit for the online distribution and publication of user-submitted information and has no obligation to screen communications or information in advance and is not responsible for screening or monitoring material posted by users. If notified by a user of communications which allegedly do not conform to these Terms and Conditions, the Company may investigate the allegation and determine in good faith and its sole discretion whether to remove or request the removal of the communication. The Company has no liability or responsibility to users for performance or nonperformance of such activities. The Company reserves the right to expel users and prevent their further access to the Web Site for violating the Terms and Conditions or the law and the right to remove communications which are abusive, illegal, or disruptive. The Company may take any action with respect to user-submitted information that it deems necessary or appropriate in its sole discretion if it believes it may create liability for the Company or may cause the Company to lose (in whole or in part) the services of its ISPs or other suppliers.
Registration and Passwords
You shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your information and password. All uses of this password, whether authorized or not, are the responsibility of the user. Please do not ever disclose your password. You agree to immediately notify the Company of any unauthorized use of your registration or password.
The Company reserves the right to terminate your ability to access the Web Site, for any reason, without notice. If the Company determines you have breached any portion of the Terms and Conditions, the Company reserves the right to (a) warn you of your breach by e-mail or written means, (b) delete content provided by you (such as message board posts, or otherwise), (c) notify and cooperate with the proper authorities for further legal action, and (d) continue with any other action which the Company deems appropriate for the situation. The Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to pursue all of its legal remedies, including but not limited to deletion of your postings from this Web Site and immediate termination of your registration, upon any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or if the Company is unable to verify or authenticate any information you submit to the Web Site
Limitation of Liability
By viewing, using, or interacting in any manner with this site, including banners, advertising, or pop-ups, downloads, and as a condition of the website to allow his lawful viewing, Visitor forever waives all right to claims of damage of any and all description based on any causal factor resulting in any possible harm, no matter how heinous or extensive, whether physical or emotional, foreseeable or unforeseeable, whether personal or business in nature.
You agree that these Terms and Conditions shall be governed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provision. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts.
Please see our copyright page.
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been uploaded, posted or copied to this Web Site and is accessible on this Web Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify us by providing the Company with the following information:
The physical or electronic signature of either the copyright owner or of a person authorized to act on the owner's behalf
A description of the copyrighted work you claim has been infringed, and a description of the activity that you claim to be infringing
Identification of the URL or other specific location on this Web Site where the material or activity you claim to be infringing is located or is occurring
Your name, address, telephone number and, if you have one, your e-mail address
A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use on the Web Site of the copyrighted work in the manner you are complaining of is not authorized by the copyright owner, any agent of the copyright owner, or the law
A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information you have provided in your notice is accurate and that you are either the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Methods of Notification:
The Company makes no claims that the Materials may be lawfully viewed or downloaded outside of the United States. Access to the Materials may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Web Site from outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction. These Terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas. Jurisdiction for any claims arising under this agreement shall lie exclusively with the state or federal courts within Weatherford, Texas. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions are found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and the Company with respect to the use of this Web Site. No changes to these Terms and Conditions shall be made except by a revised posting on this page.
All addresses provided for the use of USMC Hangout members are done so with the express permission of those who are named or their family members and this permission is granted solely for USMC Hangout's use. Any use of these addresses outside of USMC Hangout without permission is strictly forbidden!
Addresses as mentioned in the above statement include member addresses and information, service member addresses and information, and points of contact addresses and information. This includes email and snail mail where provided by this organization.
You will only post information in which you have a legal right to post. You agree that all information posted by you "the member" is accurate and that you have the legal right to do so.
That you are 18 years or older or have your parents permission to use the site.
When sending packages or letters, your return address must include that you are a USMC Hangout Member, example:
USMC Hangout Member
1234 Any Street
Anywhere, TX 12345
If an email address was provided by the service member for communication, you agree to state in your signature are that you are a USMC Hangout Member, along with the usmchangout.com url and your USMC Hangout screen name. Example:
USMC Hangout Member
You will notify us immediately of a change in your address, email, address, phone number or name, by contacting us through the website or emailing us.. (Always include your USMC Hangout username in any correspondence).
Forbidden uses of our addresses and email addresses include but are not limited to:
1. Giving our addresses to other people/groups/organizations
2. Writing to our provided addresses about other groups or organizations.
3. Publishing/reproducing (in whole or in part) our addresses on any other website or publication.
4. Soliciting dates with our Service Members.
5. Using these letters as your personal sounding board for your political views
6. Disclosing personal information without the express permission of the Service Member (i.e.. address, locations of ships, exact dates of ports of call)
7. Inappropriate content in letters (ex. promiscuous photos, perfumed letters)
8. Passing addresses on to non members and other groups without permission of a moderator or the Service Member themselves.
9. Spamming the service members email account with forwards and other joke related content unless the service member has given you express permission to do so.
Username and Password
The username and password combination that you choose to access this site is for your private use only. Sharing this password/username with other members or non members is forbidden.
You agree to hold neither the owners, moderators, nor anyone affiliated with USMC Hangout responsible or liable for any circumstance or occurrence resulting from using the addresses contained on this site.
VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT
Violation of this agreement is grounds for immediate removal from USMC Hangout and could result in a possible lawsuit.
BACK TO TOP