2011 Care Package Holiday Mailing Deadline
2011 Holiday Mailing Cutoff Dates for International and Military Mail
To ensure delivery of holiday cards and packages by December 25 to military APO/FPO addresses overseas and to international addresses, we suggest that mail be entered by the recommended mailing dates listed below. Beat the last-minute rush, mail early.
|Military Mail Addressed To||
Express Mail® Military Service (EMMS)¹
First Class Mail® Letters/Cards
Parcel Airlift Mail (PAL)²
Space Available Mail (SAM)³
|APO/FPO AE ZIPs 090-092||Dec. 17||Dec. 10||Dec. 10||Dec. 3||Nov. 26||Nov. 12|
|APO/FPO AE ZIP 093||N/A||Dec. 3||Dec. 3||Dec. 1||Nov. 26||Nov. 12|
|APO/FPO AE ZIPs 094-098||Dec. 17||Dec. 10||Dec. 10||Dec. 3||Nov. 26||Nov. 12|
|APO/FPO AA ZIPs 340||Dec. 17||Dec. 10||Dec. 10||Dec. 3||Nov. 26||Nov. 12|
|APO/FPO AP ZIPs 962-966||Dec. 17||Dec. 10||Dec. 10||Dec. 3||Nov. 26||Nov. 12|
¹EMMS is available to selected military Post Offices. Check with your local Post Office™ to determine if this service is available to your APO/FPO of address.
²PAL is a service that provides air transportation for parcels on a space-available basis. It is available for Parcel Post items not exceeding 30 pounds in weight or 60 inches in length and girth combined. The applicable PAL fee must be paid in addition to the regular surface rate of postage for each addressed piece sent by PAL service.
³SAM parcels are paid at Parcel Post postage rate of postage with maximum weight and size limits of 15 pounds and 60 inches in length and girth combined. SAM parcels are first transported domestically by surface and then to overseas destinations by air on a space-available basis.
|International Mail Addressed to||Global Express Guaranteed®(GXG)1||Express Mail International(EMI)||Priority Mail International(PMI)||First-Class Mail International|
|Africa||Dec. 20||Dec. 10||Dec. 2||Dec. 2|
|Asia / Pacific Rim||Dec. 19||Dec. 15||Dec. 9||Dec. 9|
|Australia / New Zealand||Dec. 19||Dec. 15||Dec. 9||Dec. 9|
|Canada||Dec. 21||Dec. 16||Dec. 12||Dec. 9|
|Caribbean||Dec. 20||Dec. 15||Dec. 12||Dec. 9|
|Central & South America||Dec. 20||Dec. 10||Dec. 2||Dec. 2|
|Mexico||Dec. 21||Dec. 15||Dec. 9||Dec. 9|
|Europe||Dec. 20||Dec. 15||Dec. 12||Dec. 9|
|Middle East||Dec. 20||Dec. 15||Dec. 12||Dec. 9|
- Cutoff date does not take into account time needed for customs clearance.
- Should allocate extra transit day(s) for delivery outside major cities.
- Last date to ship to Afghanistan is December 19. Last date to ship to Iraq is December 16. GXG does not deliver to APO and FPO addresses.
Military Addressing Tips:
- Use the service member’s full name (with or without rank or rating), military organization or unit, and APO/FPO address.
- Do not include the country name in any part of the address
- Programs that allowed the general public to send mail addressed to “Any Service Member” are no longer available.
International Addressing Tips
- Place the city or town name and the province or state name on the next line after the street address information
- Put foreign postal codes, if known, in front of the city or town name and on the same line.
- Write the name of the foreign country in capital letters on the last line of the address.
BACK TO TOP