Texas Love Photography | Military Racing Network | USMC Hangout

BEEN HERE A WHILE SENIOR MEMBER V8403's Avatar

CVS seeks customers shut out of Walgreens

A recent letter I recieved informed me of the following information and of which pharmacys will accept tri-care since Wallgreens has decided to say no and keep their prices higher , think it is time we vets boycot them. that will show them the power of vet.

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2012/0...omers-010412w/
    J.E. Stevens U.S. Navy (Ret)
    Believing in honor, courage, and commitment, the United States Marine Corps helps keep our country safe by their steadfast devotion to "God, Corps and Country "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sorry Brother, to late, your preaching to the chior, the wife and I made a "Corporate" decision long ago to not use CVS/Wallgreens for meds when they informed us that the dose and amount we were being given was much to high for pain medicine.
    27 months so far.Corporate decisions are voted on by me, the wife, and both dogs. Fred lost his voting ability when he passed-dead gold fish dotn vote rigt for some reason.
    Dollar and a dime is to much there so we go to a pharrmacy that is independantly owned by a friend of mine I met back in 1990 (I even introduced him to his wife[our boss] so she would leave us alone and let us give pills and do dressing changes with out her breathing down our neck). Best bet is to over run the small local owned pharmacy, keep the money in the city and possibily creat a job or two.
    I like to spend local so it goes around the city and big places-Costco/pet smart/JC Penny/they wont see us except to use the bathroom and rob them at gunpoint occasionally (more like a hobby than a job....well,uh,like just saying you lnow. What do you expect-I'm a professional "Crash test Dummie, come on)
    Last edited by Guide Plt.2129; March 21st, 2012 at 09:34. Reason: Exactly how is "shi+ hole" spelled???
    "It don't really hurt 'tll the bone shows".

Hmmm. This whole thread is giving me an idea that maybe we should have a separate topic section devoted entirely to places that we come across in our daily travels that are Veteran friendly! That way, when ya'll are out and about, and you need to know of a good place to go that maybe offers Veteran discounts, or maybe it's run by a Veteran and we need to frequent the place to give him(or her) our business, etc......just a thought. What do you guys think?
    Proud Mom of Sgt Nick, USMC

BEEN HERE A WHILE SENIOR MEMBER BrotherMick's Avatar
    I agree............... And also the places that we should boycott.
    Micky --- The BEST feeling in the world is a hug from someone who REALLY means it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherMick View Post
    I agree............... And also the places that we should boycott.
    And we all know all to well that there are a lot of places that need to be boycotted! BIG TIME!

HMFIC BOARD ADMIN DearMilSpouse's Avatar
    It's been created and this thread moved to it =)

I got sick a month ago and never knew Walgreens broke its ties with TRICARE until I went to go fill a prescription (they are the only 24 hr pharmacy in the area) and was told sorry we don't accept Tricare anymore. Needless to say I had to wait till the next morning to get it filled and that SUCKED (it was an antibiotic and pain killer for a bad UTI). We have a CVS but they aren't 24 hour and close at 9pm. We usually just get prescriptions filled on post unless we get sick on a weekend or night. But now with no 24hr walgreens we either pay full price (hell no) or wait till the morning to get meds which really sucks especially if one of them is to help your child control her every 20 minuets of throwing up.

Thanks Bridget It's wishful thinking, that we won't be able to fill this new topic up. Unfortunately, there are places that so not support our Military. This is a start to making them change their ways! I mean....supporting our Brave men and women in our Armed Forces IS the only way to go, as far as I and I know many many others, are concerned! Lets put them A-HOLES out of business!