April 24th, 2012, 18:18
BEEN HERE A WHILE
You know you're a Marine Mom when
This list has been added to from Marine moms all over the place and posted on several message boards. I think it's hilarious and oh so true! Feel free to add some of your own.
You know you're a Marine Mom when...
1. Your last good night's sleep was 6 months before he leftfor bootcamp.
2. You have finally resigned yourself to the fact thatMarine mail is delivered seasonally rather than daily.
3. Your Marine gives you ironing tips.
4. Your Marine's version of pneumonia is "It's just acold, I'm fine."
5. You realize the Marine Corps cure-all is Motrin.
6. The mere word "deployment" has you on the phonerefilling your Xanax.
7. You can't quite figure out what non-Marine mothers worryabout.
8. You finally realize that Drill Instructors are not theanti-Christ and are more like heroes.
9. You've mailed at least a few packages that have been onaround-the-world tours.
10. You forgot there were TV stations other than Fox News.
11. You find yourself bragging to friends about yourMarine's accuracy with an M-16.
12. You will get in a high speed chase just to catch up withsomeone's Marine Corps bumper sticker.
13. When everything in your closet has Marine Mom on it andif it doesn't, you put pins and yellow ribbons on it.
14. When you recognize the haircut and ask if you can have ahug because your son is deployed.
15. Someone says to you "My son has a high ASVAB and agreat GP so after he leaves PI for CL and finishes his MOS at the SOI he isgoing to try for MSG." and it makes sense to you.
16. When you don't mind watching military movies even thoughyou hated them growing up.
17. You tell your nephews they need a "high andtight".
18. You and your husband buy a "good" flagpole forthe front yard for Christmas and fly the American flag and the USMC flag 24/7,lighted, and money is no object.
19. You buy cadence CDs and listen to them when you powerwalk.
20. Your friends and family always start conversations with"How are the boys?"
21. You make sure to get up early to watch the Rose BowlParade so you can see the Marine Band.
22. You tear up every time you see someone in uniform.
23. When you have no small children, but you search toystores for Marine G.I. Joes and buy them.
24. When the post office personnel know you by your firstname.
25. When your son is in Iraq and you dial his cell phone soyou can hear his voice on his outgoing message.
26. When you always know what time it is in Iraq or Okinawaor San Diego.
27. Your son has the ability to iron his own shirt...whilehe is wearing it!
28. You don't mind the long lines at the post office becauseyou are NOT leaving until you get that care package mailed to your Marine.
29. You BEG his life-long best friend to do a "Davidimpression" and then everyone eats David's favorite foods.
30. When the phone rings you don't answer it unless thecaller ID shows it is your Marine and then you run over husband, cats, dogs,small children and little old ladies to answer the phone, no matter whatinjuries any of them might sustain in the process.
31. You purchase Marine shirts for grandparents, aunts,uncles, nieces and nephews.
32. You have a bad day at work and your co-workers serenadeyou with the Marine Hymn and give you a red rose and the whole office iscrying.
33. Your son, who had such a messy room growing up that iswas a health hazard, informs you on a visit home that you flunked inspectionbecause of a little dust.
34. When your Marine calls YOU for information because heknows you'll get it from the other moms online.
35. When watching the West Wing you care nothing about theplot, you are just peering closely to see the Marines in dress blues at theWhite House.
36. You are mopping the kitchen floor and your son walks inand says "You call that cleaning?"
37. You have a blue star banner proudly displayed in yourpicture window.
38. You search military websites for any news of where yourson or daughter might be/has been.
39. Your email has the Iwo Jima background, an animatedAmerican flag, a "We Support Our Troops" yellow ribbon icon and playsthe Marine Hymn in a continuous loop.
40. When you try to read aloud to others the "You knowyou are a Marine mom when..." list you can't because of the lump in yourthroat and the tears in your eyes.
41. You taped the Marine's Toys for Tots commercial wherethe little boy tells the Marine "you really are Santa Claus" and youcry every time you see it.
J.E. Stevens U.S. Navy (Ret)
Believing in honor, courage, and commitment, the United States Marine Corps helps keep our country safe by their steadfast devotion to "God, Corps and Country "
April 24th, 2012 18:18
April 30th, 2012, 20:40
Those are all great! Thanks John for starting the thread and for posting this! I will add some here and there. Here's a couple.....You know you are a Marine Mom when....every single person you see in a uniform, you inspect them to make sure they aren't impostors!!!! You know your a Marine Mom when your cell ringtone for your Marine is the Marine Corps Hymn or a Cadence! You know you're a Marine Mom when your son now compares the taste of your cooking to the taste of MRE's and he finally likes what you make and actually compliments you on your cooking!! You know you are a Marine Mom when.....you belong to a website full of Military men/women and all of their family's and friends who proudly support them
Proud Mom of Sgt Nick, USMC